Borsalino classic - Montecristi Panama Hat
Genuine Classic Panama Hat (Montecristi), HandWoven, 100% EcoFriendly, 100% Toquilla Straw. Handwoven, Blocked and Finished in Ecuador.
- Lightweight and Breathable and helps keep you cool in the sun.
- Great for the Beach, Travel, Party time with friends and Outdoor Activity.
- Protects the lens of your eyes as it helps to avoid UVA and UVB rays.
When you buy a Panama hat, know you're buying a hand made item with centuries of tradition. We know that you will be impressed with both the tedious work as well as the culture associated with the making of these fine hats.
How To Measure For A Hat?
- First, Measure Your Head Circumference: To measure your head circumference, take a sewing measuring tape or even a string, and wrap around above the ears and across your eyebrows. Please stick your finger under the tape so there is a little room and there you have head circumference! If you fall between measurements go for the next size up. Record your measurement in centimeters, if possible for the most accuracy.
- Find Your Hat Size with the corresponding size on the below hat chart
What is the average hat size for men?
59 CM, or Large.
What is the average hat size for women?
57 cm, or Medium.
What size head does an XL hat fit?
Up to 61cm, or 24” circumference.
Worldwide, all Panama Hats are handwoven with Toquilla Straw Fiber in the city of Montecristi, located in Ecuador - South America.
Why is the difference in price? How is price determined? The difference of prices between Panama Hat depends on the fineness of the weave. The finer the weave the finer the hat. A straw hat finer and very well woven takes more time to manufacture. There are limited and therefore more expensive.
Our Panama Hats (straw hats) are qualified by grades 13, 14, 15, 16, etc. Grade 16 is finer than Grade 13 and therefore more expensive. Please choose the quality you want.
Note: Panama hats, should never be handled by the crown. Hats should always be handled by the brim only. Constant pinching or handling of its crown creates stains and, in the case of straw hats, will result in cracking after some time.
- Toquilla Straw
- 6.5 - 7.5cm. (2.55" - 2.95")
- Cotton Twill, 3 cm. (1.18")
- Crown Size 62
- Front 10.0 - Behind 9.5cm. (3.95" - 3.75")
- Crown Size 65
- Front 9.7 - Behind 9.3cm. (3.81" - 3.66")
- Front 9.5 - Behind 9.0cm. (3.75" - 3.55")
I love the Ecuadorian
They are hats of very good quality, and very original. They are different from the other hats because they have another texture. Personally I love the "Ecuadorian" hats
absolutely love this hat
I have a rather large head, and it was nice to find a stylish hat that fit rather well. Nice feel to the hand. Nothing but compliments when I wear it, which is greatly appreciated. Recommend this style and ecuadorianhands.
They are very pretty!
We could all use them and impose a fashion, it would be incredible. I recommend it 100%
VERY GOOD PAGE
I really like this page, it shows a lot of culture and they are very original, I just made my order for my girlfriend for her birthday.
Good looking and great fit
I bought this hat for my son to wear to the Kentucky Derby this year. He has a very large head and it was hard to find a hat to fit, but the largest size in this hat fit perfectly. He loves this hat.
I gave this hat 5 stars because, as everyone knows, it was a non-stop rainy mess at the Derby this year. Not only did this hat hold up in the rain, but it retained its shape and dried to look just like it did when we got it out of the box.
Very pleased with my purchase.
It's an emblematic, wonderful hat. I recommend it. Congratulations
Looking forward to a sunny day. :)
Relike this page
I like this page a lot. It has a lot of culture and they show you the reality of hats. Apart they are beautiful.
Great Hat !!
Excellent hat that fits very well.
Wanted something to keep the sun out of my eyes other than a baseball or tweed hat.
This type of hat is fast becoming a 'must have' for both the young and not so young.
Very happy with my purchase, if you have been thinking of purchasing a Panama this may be the one for you.