By now you are surely aware of the damage that can be caused by being exposed to the sun without the proper measures. The use of sunscreen, clothing that protects you in the hours of highest radiation, and wearing a hat with wings are among the many recommendations that experts usually suggest to avoid future problems such as the possible appearance of serious skin diseases.
According to the Skin Cancer Foundation recommendations to prevent the appearance of skin diseases such as cancer, allergies, hives, spots, and wrinkles on the skin. You should use a broad-spectrum SPF sunscreen according to the radiation scale, the frequent use of sunglasses, and a wide-brimmed hat that protects you completely.
I will let you know which are the Know how you can take care of yourself and enjoy this summer most safely and comfortably:
Pay attention to the UV radiation index scale
There are radiation levels and depending on the time of day, this can be very dangerous for your skin. Know the UV index scale and thus protect the health of your skin by avoiding high degrees of solar radiation:
0 to 2: low (green) it is safe to walk outdoors with standard sun protection, it is advisable to use broad-spectrum sunscreen SPF 30+, hat, and sunglasses. Tip: In winter snow reflects UV rays, doubling the impact of solar radiation.
3 to 5: moderate (yellow) it is better to stay in the shade, avoid direct exposure to the sun's rays for long periods of time. Recommendation to use broad-spectrum sunscreen SPF 30+, hat, and glasses.
6 to 7: high (orange) Keep in the shade as much as possible, especially during the late morning and early afternoon. Use broad-spectrum sunscreen SPF 30+, clothing that covers your body adequately (long-sleeved shirts and pants), wear glasses and a wide-brimmed hat.
8 to 10: very high (red) Be very careful, you can have serious burns if you do not use sunscreen and wear appropriate clothing to protect yourself from the sun. You must wear a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen SPF 50+ or more. As a tip, remember that if you go to the sea the UV rays will be reflected in the sand and can double the exposure to ultraviolet rays, always hydrate.
11 or more: Extreme (purple) Danger! Do not go out unless it is for a fortuitous occasion, or if you are already spending time in the sun and have nowhere to hide, try to protect yourself by wearing clothing that covers your arms and legs in case you are at this point of radiation. Use sunscreen SPF 50+ or more, if you can use wide-brimmed hats, do it obligatorily, and hydrate constantly.
How to use your sunscreen properly
For the sunscreen to perform its function correctly, take into account these indications:
- Put on sunscreen constantly, every hour for an adult and every half hour for children, so you will get more protection.
- Put on sunscreen 20 or 30 minutes before exposing yourself to the sun's rays.
- Do not forget to put sunscreen on the ears, hands, behind the neck, feet and emphasize the nose. Protect your lips with a balm that has UV protection.
- Put on plenty of sunscreens, don't be mean, it is advisable to apply approximately 1 ounce.
- Be careful to put on sunscreen every hour. And if your child is swimming or sweating you should apply it constantly.
- Finally, do not try to make the sunscreen last, many times we use a sunscreen that has been purchased for more than a year. Do not do it!
- Always wear sunscreen with an SPF of 30+ or higher.
What are the hats and brim sizes to protect you from the sun?
Despite taking the proper precautions, wear a hat that provides safe protection for your scalp, ears, neck, and face. Take into account that it is designed to protect you from the sun, straw hats are excellent to provide you with complete protection, as they are fresh, light, and have wide brims, perfect to enjoy a good day outdoors, but take into account what hat choose according to your face:
You must take these recommendations into account, apart from the fact that straw hats fit very well on anyone, they feel protected and fashionable.
Our hats are perfect to protect you from UV rays, made of natural straw (toquilla straw), made by hand by experienced artisans, with a perfect finish in its fabric and, most importantly, its composition avoids getting hurt by solar radiation. For men, I recommend the Fedora Planter Montecristi Panama Hat and Planter Montecristi Panama Hat models and for women, we have the Pava Fina Montecristi Panama Hat and Campana Montecristi Panama Hat models. Remember that your health always comes first.
Attention in these cases when using protection
Protect yourself from the sun even more wisely if you have these useful characteristics in these cases:
- Sensitivity to the sun: fair skin is easier to burn and therefore more vulnerable. But even dark skins are at risk of serious sunburn, they can develop skin cancer in the future.
- Children: Children have thinner skin, and they often do not take precautions to take shelter in the sun, but just jump and jump everywhere. Take into account that 80% of skin damage occurs before the age of 18.
- Take latitudes into account: UV rays are more intense and hit with great intensity at higher altitudes. Protect yourself more in these cases.
- Medical condition: people who have suffered from skin cancer or those who are in the process of recovering from a serious burn are vulnerable. Medicines to treat acne, antibiotics, and certain anti-inflammatories can cause more risk. Check with your doctor if you have any questions.
Always remember to protect yourself when you go outside. A hat will always be your best companion, apart from giving you the protection you need against the sun's rays, it is a nice accessory to enjoy the best outdoor experiences. And you, do you already know which hat model to use? Know the 2021 trends.